I have made these twice over the last week and they are sure to rock any meat heavy dinner menu. Your guests will like these so much that they won’t clean you out of meat and home. I can’t wait to experiment with different spices and cheeses.
Feeds two goons and a couple goon-ettes…
– 2 LBS red taters
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 T butter
– Generous mix of spices to taste (salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, etc.)
– 1-2 cups grated Parmesan
– Handful chopped parsley
– Preheat oven to 400.
– Boil taters for approximately 10 minutes until slightly tender but with some bite.
– On a greased cookie sheet, lightly smash each tater to break the skin.
– Toss taters with olive oil, butter, spices, and 1/2 the cheese.
– Bake on greased cookie sheet for 20 minutes or until crispy.
Toss with parsley and remaining Parm. Enjoy with steak tips, lamb, sausage, or any grilling meats!